- In the UK the number of cards in issue with contactless functionality is 32.5 million, whil...
- In the UK the number of cards in issue with contactless functionality is 31.9 million, whil...
- In the UK the number of cards in issue with contactless functionality is 31.3 million, whil...
Contactless Equipment Solutions
Choosing Contactless Equipment
A variety of contactless readers and terminals are available. When choosing equipment you should consider the following:
- Select the model which best suits your business needs – this may be an add-on contactless reader, a fully integrated point-of-sale system, a mobile device or an unattended terminal?
- Some terminals are still being evaluated – check with your acquirer that the equipment you are considering is fully approved. A list of type-approved products is available from any of the acquiring banks. See the list of participants.
- Confirm that the selected reader carries appropriate branding for the card types accepted, and ensure that any overlays on the acceptance zone do not use metallic materials or anything that may affect the reader’s performance.
- High-speed authorisation connections are required (e.g. broadband, DSL, leased line or V-Sat).
- It is recommended that a fast print receipt printer is used to ensure you and the customer benefit from the unique speed of transaction offered by Contactless.
For more information about accreditation please contact your acquirer; your acquirer will appoint an implementation manager to assist you with your Contactless implementation.
Your implementation manager will advise you of the testing required and provide any test scripts required. However, a typical Contactless accreditation will include the following:
- Completion and submission of the pre-req scripts.
- Completion of MasterCard Contactless TIP
- Visa testing using the Visa payWave Test Tool (VpTT)
- Transaction Data Submission Tests
- Checking of live public key files, TACs and Terminal Qualifiers
Post-accreditation your implementation manager will advise you of next steps for implementation.
Contactless Solution Providers
While we are unable to provide any specific recommendations about the different equipment available, we have included below some information provided by a number of companies that offer Contactless solutions.
Any vendors wishing to include information on this page should contact email@example.com.
- Thyron Systems
- Gemalto - For more information please visit: www.gemalto.com